Monday, August 10, 2009

Grizzly Bear's Veckatimest

Sorry for not posting anything lately but I am going to get back on track now! Also, if any of you guys have good music and want to make a blog post, it's really easy and I can give you access to write.

This week we are going to examine my friend Grizzly Bear. MMMm, Grizzly Bear. I have been loving their music since they came out with Yellow House in 2006. Unfortunately I only had those tracks on my ipod that I left in the rain. BUT, I did DL their new album called Veckatimest and it happens to be the fracking bees knees.

For all of you who having been rooting for more entries on acoustic type stuff (Ray LaMontagne and Andrew Bird) this is sort of for you. It is soft and catchy and all that...it is also a bit more experimental however. If you are interested in some crazy song structure and some mad cool harmonies, get after this one. For a good first taste, check out 'Two Weeks' which is track two.

Link to music: http://drop.io/xxoqgiu#

1 comment:

  1. peter cable posted this on facebook a while ago and it was my first contact with grizzly bear and i love it. its a black cab sessions performance of "all we ask" and its beautiful.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY4186cW10o

    -neil k

    ReplyDelete