Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Pinback's Summer in Abaddon

Most people I talk to in NY don't know much about the San Diego music scene and neither do I. I do however know of one band that is a huge part of that scene right now and is getting bigger. The band Pinback, made up of two musicians (although they tour with more) is how shall I say....the truth. Their last two albums are below and are both very good all the way through. Check out 'Summer in Abaddon' first. This is the one that got me into them. Released in 2004, it is packed with catchy riffs and a vocal feel that reminds me of Elliott Smith's days back in Heatmiser. The latest album from 2007 is 'Autumn of the Seraphs.' Nearly as complete as its predecessor, the band has captured their unique sound once again through a very clean and up close production style; sounds great on good speakers.

Summer in Abaddon: http://drop.io/pinbacksummer#
(my favorites are tracks 1 and 5)

Autumn of the Seraphs: http://drop.io/pinbackautumn#
(my favorite is track 3)





No comments:

Post a Comment